Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Fabulous Interactive Brain Science Site: Genes2Cognition

I have added a new link to the menu to the right, Genes2Cognition. Very impressive, one of the best I've ever seen. You can click on ANY of dozens of balloons, drag them around, click on them to bring up deeper levels of information. I picked "Perception" which led to "Cognition" which led to "Inattentional Blindness" which led to a wonderful short little video I had seen before, connected to a TED talk by Michael Shermer, which disappeared... but now looks like it's back!

You can take a look at brain parts, look into different levels of the brain, turn it all around, flip it upside down or look into it through the top.

You can click on and explore different conditions, or different functions.

I found the G2C site at the brain portion of the Dana Foundation website. I found the brain portion of the Dana Foundation website by clicking on the main page. I found the main page by clicking on the link provided by Deric Bownds in his new post, Arts and the Brain. Thank you Deric!

No comments: