On page 17 he has listed these four ways neuroplasticity operates:
"1. By (functional) changes in synaptic efficacy, the extreme of which is unmasking of dormant synapses, or masking of efficient synapses.
2. By reducing or modifying protein synthesis and proteinase activity in nerve cells.
3. By creation of new anatomical connections (sprouting of axons and dendrites) or elimination of existing connections or by altering synapses morphologically.
4. By elimination of nerve cells (apoptosis)."
1. A quick search of blogposts re: neuroplasticity on Deric Bownd's Mindblog
2. A quick search of blogposts re: neuroplasticity on Mo's Neurophilosophy blog (and some others).
3. A quick search for neuroplasticity on this blog, Neurotonics.
4. A related blogpost, System Proteomics